|Portrayed by||Jamie Glover|
|First Appearance||Series 1 Ep 01|
|Last Appearance|| Series 2 Episode 12 |
Series 4 Ep 20 (Guest)
|Cause/Reason||Left to teach in Rwanda|
|Occupation||English Teacher, Deputy Head|
|Romances|| Kim Campbell|
Lorna Dickey (Deceased)
Oxbridge-educated Andrew Treneman and Waterloo Road did not, at first go well together; his well-educated, ‘snobby’ accent and his strict teaching methods get up the noses of some of his new pupils, and his importing of different management strategies from his public school also make him a few enemies amongst his colleagues – most notably Grantly Budgen.
Andrew’s social life has been on hold for a long time. He may well have fallen too deeply in love too young and been badly hurt by eventual rejection. He keeps that part of his life buried – until much to his alarm he’s hit right where it hurts, by Kim Campbell. He became disillusioned by Jack's questionable fund-raising efforts, Andrew took up an offer to return to teaching in Rwanda. He later returned at Steph's instigation to fix his relationship with Kim, he then left again for Rwanda.
Andrew resigned from Waterloo Road, to become an Education Leader and Headteacher to a school in Rwanda.
What Andrew did to Waterloo Road
- Andrew introduced the Cooler in Series 1 Episode 2.
- Andrew implemented a houseteam system: For example Lewis Seddon was the captain of Kingfisher House.
- "Uh, Deputy Head ship." (First line)
- "Mr Budgen, You looking for your class?"
- Andrew: "Can I have your attention, class? This is what's known as a thug." Clarence Charles: "You what? You-" [Clarence punches Andrew] Andrew: "Now you know why his son is a bully and a thief!"